Mariah Hickey, CFRE
“I am inspired by the difference nonprofits make in our world and I am honored to play even a small role in that. The impact we make today has a powerful rippling effect well into the future.”
Mariah Hickey, CFRE, joined Alford Group in 2018 as a client service associate. She brings 10 years of professional experience in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors to her client work. Prior to Alford Group, Mariah worked at The Pittsburgh Foundation where she supported philanthropic initiatives and propelled innovative tactics for maximizing donor cultivation and stewardship.
She has pursued advanced education and specialized training in project management, data visualization, writing and editing, strategic planning and fundraising. She enjoys improving processes, maintaining data integrity, and empowering teams to manage results and accomplish their goals.
Mariah engages with a variety of nonprofit organizations as board member, volunteer and donor. She enjoys traveling, spending time with her husband and two kitties, pottery, gardening, reading, hiking, and skiing.
Fun Fact: Mariah is an avid traveler and has visited more than 25 countries on five different continents. She has temporarily lived in Sydney, Australia and Entebbe, Uganda.
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Community Foundation of Greater Memphis
- Conservation International
- Evergreen Treatment Services
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Pacific Northwest Ballet
- Rancho Coastal Humane Society
- Retirement Housing Foundation
Education & Credentials:
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (2021-present)
- MBA Finance & Strategy, University of Pittsburgh
- MID, NGOs & Civil Society, University of Pittsburgh
- B.S. Journalism, Boston University