Thomas W. Mesaros, CFRE
“Our country is blessed with wonderful organizations doing great things for their communities, impacting the lives of children, parents and everyday people. We take great pride in our firm’s history of serving the not-for-profit sector, where our efforts strengthen organizations to better serve their communities!”
Thomas W. Mesaros’ newest role with The Alford Group is as Senior Counsel. Tom was appointed President & CEO in 2003 and served in that role for 11 years, stepping down in February 2014. His history as a staff member of The Alford Group goes back to 1995 when he opened the West Division office.
Tom has been a part of the not-for-profit sector since 1975 when he joined the staff of the Chief Seattle Council, Boy Scouts of America. After serving with the Boy Scouts in a variety of roles for more than seven years, he was recruited to become the President & CEO of Seattle-based Providence Foundation at Providence Medical Center. While there he grew annual fund raising from $100,000 to $2 million, and created a strong foundation board of committed and vibrant community leaders.
In 1992 he was invited to serve as the vice president for fund development for the Sisters of Providence Health System in Springfield, MA, where he launched efforts to grow the donor base and increase volunteer involvement in fundraising. During that time he engaged The Alford Group to provide guidance.
As senior counsel, Tom focuses his energy on serving a wide range of clients across the country–from smaller social service agencies to large universities.
Tom has been a member of the faculty at the University of Washington Extension Program teaching in the certificate course on fundraising. Currently he serves as the immediate past chair of the Giving Institute, a board member of the Giving USA Foundation, and a board member of the Education Fund at North Seattle Community College.
Joined The Alford Group: 1995
- Southern Adventist University (Chattanooga)
- Symphony Orchestra Augusta (Georgia)
- Atlanta Street Center
- Seattle Community College District
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Wesley Homes Foundation
- Southern California Presbyterian Homes
- San Diego Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Good Samaritan Hospital (Puyallup, WA)
- Platte Valley Medical Center (Colorado)
- Northern Colorado Medical Center
- The Salvation Army (in a variety of cities)
- The Anchorage Concert Association
- Seattle Symphony Orchestra
- Overlake Hospital and Medical Center Foundation (Bellevue)
- Group Health Foundation (Seattle).
Education and Credentials:
- Bachelors degree from Bethel College (St. Paul, MN)
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) since 1986