Thomas W. Mesaros
“A unique characteristic of the USA is our volunteerism and our philanthropy. It has been a wonderful and rewarding experience to spend my life working in these aspects of American life.”
Thomas W. Mesaros has been with Alford Group since 1995, when he opened the West Division office. Previously serving as President & CEO in 2003-2014, Tom’s newest role with Alford Group is now Senior Counsel.
Tom has been serving the nonprofit sector since 1975, when he joined the Chief Seattle Council for the Boy Scouts of America. After seven years with the Boy Scouts, Tom went on to hold several leadership positions across the country, including President & CEO of the Providence Foundation in Seattle and vice president for fund development for the Sisters of Providence Health System in Springfield, Massachusetts.
In his career, Tom has also held positions at a multitude of philanthropic establishments, lending his expertise to organizations in a variety of sectors.
Fun Fact: In 2014 Tom was appointed to the Edmonds WA City Council and served in that capacity for 6 years. He is still engaged in civic affairs and serves on various local government committees and boards.
- Southern Adventist University (Chattanooga)
- Symphony Orchestra Augusta (Georgia)
- Atlanta Street Center
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Northern Colorado Medical Center
- The Salvation Army (in a variety of cities)
- The Anchorage Concert Association
- Seattle Symphony Orchestra
- Overlake Hospital and Medical Center Foundation (Bellevue)
- Group Health Foundation (Seattle)
Education and Credentials:
- B.A. Political Science, Modern History, Bethel College
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) 1986-2017