Full Time Position in the Chicago, IL Region
This position supports the consultancy’s business development and marketing efforts by leading consumer-centric strategies and activities. This position will be responsible for graphic design, content marketing, digital analytics and product marketing. Responsibilities will also include assisting with sales activity and tracking/reporting.
Position Responsibilities and Expectations
- Design infographics, sales materials, marketing collateral, website content, advertisements, social media content and more.
- Write and edit copy for various marketing channels.
- Create and alter images for client materials, business proposals and marketing materials.
- Create and edit video content.
- Adhere to all brand guidelines and provide editing and design support for all branding across our consultancy.
- Manage Alford Group’s social media accounts. Create and implement a social media content strategy.
- Regularly refresh web content and optimize web pages for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Bring thought leadership to our marketing strategy by identifying opportunities, conducting research, ghost-writing content for blogs, shaping presentations, etc.
- Assist with all email marketing efforts, including A/B testing, list segmentation and campaigns.
- Write and create content, such as client testimonials and client case studies.
- Run Google and LinkedIn ads.
- Assist in running Alford-branded webinars.
- Assist in planning offline events and conference exhibitions.
Digital Marketing Analytics
- Manage content analytics to inform Alford Group’s overarching marketing strategy.
- Manage Google Analytics.
- Review and report on website, social media, email marketing and advertising metrics.
- Research and review search engine optimization (SEO) for Alford Group’s digital content. Lead activities to increase SEO across platforms and heighten brand awareness online.
- Assist in developing the packaging for new services and products.
- Serve on committees to develop and test new services and products.
- Create integrated marketing communication plans for new service and product launches and campaigns.
- Lead the implementation of new service/product campaigns.
Business Development & Sales
- Assist in sales activity on an as-needed basis. This may include assisting with business proposal submissions, updating CRM and creating reports.
- Attend and participate in all sales meetings and huddles.
- Collaborate with the sales team on lead generation and marketing activity follow up (webinar leads, conference leads, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least six years of professional experience, with at least two years in the nonprofit community, preferably with an emphasis on roles in graphic design, writing and/or marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High technical proficiency:
- MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator required
- Experience or ability to learn WordPress.
- Video editing, such as Adobe Premier or similar expertise is preferred.
- Experience with content management system (CMS) and/or customer relationship management (CRM) platforms a plus.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical, critical thinking and active listening skills
- Proven proofreading abilities, project management and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative, simultaneously coordinate multiple projects and manage deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team and independently with minimal supervision at times
- Ability to manage relationships, including client staff and high-level volunteers
- Some travel may be required
About Alford Group
Alford Group is a national, full service consultancy serving nonprofits in nearly every state in the country. Since our founding, we have partnered with over 3,000 nonprofits to accelerate their impact and advance social change.
Alford Group expects each employee to reflect and promote our vision, mission and values.
Vision: A world where possibilities are endless and reflect the best of who we are as humans.
Mission: We accelerate the nonprofit community’s impact and advance social change.
- Honest Partnerships
- Equity-Centered Practices
- Continued Learning
- Joyful Connections
All employees are expected to assist in fulfilling our firm-wide goals and innovation objectives, participate in meetings and contribute to the consultancy’s thought leadership.
Our team members have access to sensitive, confidential information and are trusted to maintain these files and documents properly.
The position requires sitting and working on a computer for long periods of time, as well as occasional lifting and carrying of presentation materials and supplies.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Currently, working in a virtual environment due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Senior Director, Business Development & Marketing
This is a salaried position with a range of $55,000 to $65,000 based on experience.