AFP Silicon Valley Chapter presented:
Leadership Triangle: Major Gifts and Strategic Fundraising
Luncheon + Workshop
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
11:30 AM – 3:45 PM
The most successful major gifts programs have strong volunteer leadership and engagement. Discover how you can strengthen your major gifts effort by engaging your board. Our speaker is Mary Kaufman-Cranney who brings more than 30 years of experience leading organizations to build their philanthropic capacity. She assists through the cultivation and solicitation process, and trains board members and staff on their roles.
- Engaging your Board in building your Case for Support
- Involving Volunteers in Building Donor Relationships
- Engaging your Board in making the “Ask”
- An understanding of trends and issues in nonprofit board development
- Practical tools for prospect development and a rating exercise
- Clear expectations of the roles and responsibilities of a Major Gifts committee.
WORKSHOP (optional add-on): Fundraising As a Strategic Priority of the Leadership Triangle
This workshop is directed to nonprofit Chief Executives, Board Chairs and Chief Development Officers. Is fundraising a strategic priority across your organization? Is your development officer considered a key leader? Or are investments in fundraising an afterthought? Featuring discussion of the “UnderDeveloped, A National Study of Challenges Facing Nonprofit Fundraising” report, we’ll discuss critical success factors and optimal dynamics within this leadership triangle.
* Resolve any impediments to shared leadership for fundraising success
* Plan strategically for fundraising growth and investments
* Boost your organization’s fundraising performance
* Instill philanthropy as a value across your organization.