Chief Operating Officer
“Supporting an organization’s mission, impact and collective potential motivates my work to build connections and inspire success across the sector.”
For over seventeen years Alexis Cooke has worked for nonprofits, motivated and inspired by each organization’s unique mission and impact. Prior to joining Alford Group, Alexis served as Vice President of Institutional Advancement for the Music Institute of Chicago. Responsible for a broad range of fundraising, marketing and strategic initiatives, Alexis supported trustees and overarching institutional priorities; worked to promote programs, mission-forward projects and special events; rebuilt all development operations and managed individual, corporate, foundation and annual giving portfolios.
Prior to the Music institute, Alexis was the Director of Development for the Adler Planetarium, served as Senior Officer, Major Gifts at The Chicago Council on Global Affairs and worked for development and membership offices at the Chicago Botanic Garden and Tate Museums in London.
Fun Fact: Alexis loves to spend time with her family, read, garden and travel. Last year, Alexis read over 80 books, grew eight different varieties of sunflower and took ten trips both local and international with her family.
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Chicago Community Trust
- Chicago Foundation for Women
- Cubs Charities of the Chicago Cubs
- Evanston Community Foundation
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Shriver Center on Poverty Law
Education & Credentials:
- MRes Humanities and Cultural Studies, London Consortium
- B.A. Studio Art and International Economics, Beloit College