Brenda B. Asare
“What an exciting time for the social impact sector to reimagine and advance new possibilities for the greater good of the world.”
Brenda Asare joined Alford Group in 2004 and assumed the role of President & CEO in 2014. Brenda brings nearly 30 years of management and cross-sector experience and has assisted clients in raising over $2 billion, focusing on campaign execution, strategic planning, corporate partnerships, board leadership development and organizational design.
Prior to joining Alford Group, she was Chief Development Officer with the American Red Cross in Chicago where she led various disaster fundraising efforts raising over $100 million.
Additionally, Brenda is 2nd Vice Chair of the Giving Institute and serves as a board member for numerous philanthropic organizations. Brenda is a frequent speaker on the intersection of diversity and philanthropy and has mentored many talented development professionals. In 2019, Brenda was recognized as Crain’s Notable Minorities in Consulting for her remarkable work in the nonprofit sector.
Fun Fact: Brenda is a “quotes” collector. Her favorite is “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.” – Maya Angelou
- The YWCA USA
- Presbyterian Church of the USA
- The Chicago Community Trust
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- Greater Milwaukee Community Foundation
- Madison Community Foundation
- NorthShore University HealthSystem Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity
Education & Credentials:
- MBA Marketing, Washington University in St. Louis where she received the prestigious Dean’s Service Award
- B.S. Business, University of South Carolina