Maree G. Bullock
“Working to improve the lives of others through the nonprofit sector is a life-long calling.”
Maree G. Bullock joined Alford Group in 1989, lending expertise in strategic planning, organizational development, coaching and governance, interim staffing and fundraising to numerous charitable organizations across sectors.
Maree has dedicated her career to the nonprofit philanthropic sector. She previously served as Executive Director of the W. Clement & Jessie V. Stone Foundation for 29 years. There, Maree managed the distribution of $275 million in charitable grants to nonprofit organizations worldwide. She also initiated and contributed to the authorship of The Successful Volunteer Organization: Getting Started and Getting Results, with 40,000+ copies sold.
In addition to her previous leadership position, Maree served as Chief Operating Officer of one of Mr. Stone’s for-profit companies. Maree has served on various nonprofit boards, volunteered widely and mentored Chicago youth.
Fun Fact: Maree enjoys traveling and has visited Turkey, China, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Philippines, and multiple countries within Africa and Europe.
- University of Chicago Graduate School of Management
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago
- Morton Arboretum
- Advocate Charitable Foundation
- Fourth Presbyterian Church of Chicago
- Am Shalom
- Trinity International University
- Chicago Shakespeare Theatre
- The Joffrey Ballet
- Old Town School of Folk Music
- Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center
- Housing Opportunities and Maintenance for the Elderly
Education & Credentials:
- B.S., University of Minnesota
- Conducts workshops at University of Notre Dame, South Bend