Michelle Bibbs brings 25 years of experience in the nonprofit and public sectors to Alford Group as a development director, grant maker, board member, faculty and volunteer at a variety of organizations in the Chicago area. Michelle has advised organizations in building fundraising capacity, strategic planning, assessing campaign readiness and serving as interim chief development officer. Prior to joining Alford Group, Michelle was a gift officer in the Advancement Office at DePaul University.
At the City of Chicago Michelle led the Cultural Grants division responsible for a nearly $2 million portfolio of operating, project, capacity building and professional development funding for arts and human services organizations and professional artists. In addition, Michelle co-created a four-year $1.7 million grant and capacity-building initiative in collaboration with The Chicago Community Trust and The Wallace Foundation.
Fun Fact: A lifelong Chicagoan, Michelle enjoys theater, jazz, touring museums and traveling across the U.S. and abroad.
- Chicago Urban League
- Ada S. McKinley Community Services
- National Museum of Gospel Music
- The Obsidian Collection
- Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center
- Connections for Abused Women and their Children
- Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance
Education & Credentials:
- M.A. Integrated Marketing Communications, Medill, Northwestern University
- B.S. Communication Studies, Northwestern University