“If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” — Lewis Carroll’s “Alice in Wonderland”
Sharon Tiknis has held leadership positions in the nonprofit sector for over 35 years, developing distinguished philanthropic programs and assembling influential volunteer leaders to build organizational capacity and drive results. Having worked previously with Alford Group, Sharon returned to the firm in 2014.
Her work as an executive and consultant spans all sectors and has resulted in setting bold strategies and raising hundreds of millions of dollars to meet community needs. She is a frequent speaker on webinars and at conferences.
Sharon is the Board Chair of Grand River Academy, an all-boys school, and serves on the Giving Institute and AFP-Chicago education committees.
Fun Fact: Sharon and her husband Michael are arts enthusiasts, enjoy gardening and cheering on their son Aaron, a college basketball coach.
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Chicago Foundation for Women
- American Planning Association
- Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
- Madison Community Foundation
- Children First Fund, Chicago Public Schools Foundation
- Miami City Ballet
- Chicago Architecture Center
- Connecticut Humane Society
- HCA Hope Fund
- National Palliative Care Research Center
- William Blair & Co.
- B.S. Behavioral Sciences and Business, Grand Canyon University
- Post-graduate work, University of Arizona